• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

A suggestion...

It seems most of the excel queries are posted in "Ask an Excel Question". I feel it's because this is the most active and viewed section at Chandoo.org. I have a suggestion, why don't u display the top 10 newly created threads under each section on this page http://forum.chandoo.org/#forums.13

For example you can have columns with the existing sections like Ask an Excel Question, Discuss Data Visualizations and ChartingNew, Users - Please Start Here, etc
and below these columns u can display the top 10 newly created threads. This will ensure that the new threads do not get ignored and will be visible to everyone.

Thanks

I am also investigating a plugin that can display new threads, new posts, most viewed and replied threads in the home page. This will make navigation and discovery easy.

Can you put the "display new threads, new posts, most viewed and replied threads" below the list of Forums, Not above it

Can you put the "display new threads, new posts, most viewed and replied threads" below the list of Forums, Not above it
Done...

Coming soon: notice & message to first time visitors & new users about our forum policies, posting guidelines. This will be shown until users reach 5 posts.

Reactions: Hui
Hi Chandoo,

Thanks for the improvments. Can I suggest another?

When I answer or comment on a question I forget to click the "Watch this Tread" icon at the top of the screen, so once I've posted my reply I have to open the question up again and click the Watch icon. Could that little icon be in a more convenient place, or am I asking to much?

I like the new Tip above the commenting window...this will remind the people to add the VB code in the correct window for right presentation...Good update...

Hi Chandoo,

Thanks for the improvments. Can I suggest another?

When I answer or comment on a question I forget to click the "Watch this Tread" icon at the top of the screen, so once I've posted my reply I have to open the question up again and click the Watch icon. Could that little icon be in a more convenient place, or am I asking to much?

Hi Chippy... you can use your personal preferences to automatically watch threads where you post a reply.
This might be a very convenient option.

Just visit http://forum.chandoo.org/account/preferences and check the first box.

upload_2013-12-19_18-7-48.png

I will see if the watch thread option can be integrated to quick reply screen. It is shown when you click on "More options" button beneath reply area.

Coming soon: notice & message to first time visitors & new users about our forum policies, posting guidelines. This will be shown until users reach 5 posts.

Hello friends..

I have added a welcome notice that will be shown until a user reaches 5 posts. It looks like this:

upload_2013-12-19_18-51-35.png

Many new members seem to be reluctant to read the introduction posts can you put in a piece of code so that if they post five questions without reading said posts the cd holder shoots open cutting their wrists......:DD:DD:p

Hi, b(ut)ob(ut)hc!
I was thinking about keyboards and mouses with a bit of Semtex, but touchscreens don't help me... and the display isn't to be blamed.
Regards!

Hi Chandoo,

you can use your personal preferences to automatically watch threads where you post a reply.
This might be a very convenient option.

Yes, thank you I missed that one, I've now set it up - thanks

Back