• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Combining/adding more that two sines/waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tested it against filter software and the resulting values holds up. Please let me know if you are able to get any wrong results using any combination of phase delay and amplitude.

It's just basic summation of multiple vectors, there's no Fourier transformation.

Here's the principle of the attached sheet:

Column A: Amplitude
Column B: Phase delay in radians

Column C: =A*COS(B)
Column D: =A*SIN(B)

Resulting amplitude: =SQRT(C^2+D^2)

Best Regards

Attachments

• Vectorsum.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 5
@Henrik Jensen,

I have made some changes to your workbook to try to better explain what is being calculated (mostly in blue font). In general, you are calculating the maximum amplitude that can arise from the input wave components provided that all components have the same period (or frequency). If they do not, then my previous attachment would be a better suited as a starting point for determining the maximum amplitude. In cases where the periods do not have common divisors, the max will simply be the sum of all amplitudes, even though the probability of occurrence may be very low.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,
Ken

Attachments

• Vectorsum_KenU.xlsx
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi Ken,

Thanks, that is exactly the point.
I needed a plot with frequency response the most, but a time plot might be very useful too, thank you for doing it!

Thanks for all the questions that has been asked and also the attempts to solve the problem. Even though they didn't provide the solution they made me think about what I needed to solve the problem. This is a good forum.

I've attached a final sheet that calculates the summed amplitude and phase of up to 10 waves.

Attachments

• signals.xlsm
    69.6 KB · Views: 8
dantee
Please, reread Forum Rules
especially How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
Isn't there Start a new post every time you ask a question, even if the theme is similar.
This thread is few years old and closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back