• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

YTD Calculation

Ramkrish

Hi there...

I have a dynamic set of data... for example, every month I download a report from an application which has 1 year data as of last month end. However I have given the formula to calculate the 3, 6 & 12 months return. However I am finding difficult to calculate the YTD return because every month, there is an increment of one month to calculate YTD. Hence I am doing this manually. Is there a possibility to calculate automatically those returns.

Calculation method: Last month / Previous month for 1-month
for YTD: Last Month / Jan month performance.

Thanks in advance,
RamKrish

Welcome to the forum RamKrish,

Would you mind uploading an example of what your data looks like, so we can better understand how to structure the formula?

Thanks Luke for looking in to this query... Herewith I attached a sample file. If you look the YTD calculation formula, will keep on change as per time periods.

Attachments

• YTD_Sample_Query.xlsx
    12.2 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure how you are inserting columns to get your additional months, but we can build a more robust formula. Check out the formulas in attached.

Attachments

• YTD_LM.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi Luke, Thanks a ton... Actually the report is huge and each month I get the last 12-months data report, for your reference, I gave all the (3-months) data in one sheet. However as you mentioned, the formula is really robust.

Have a nice day :) :) :)

Thanks again,
RamKrish...!

Back