• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

WORD doc Formula for Drop Down list without adding item one by one

ChaCha90

Is there a WORD document formula for drop down list without adding an item one by one? Example: NAME, is there a formula to select from a list of names instead of having to add the name one at time.

is this a request for help within a WORD document in an excel forum or am i missing something here , and not understanding the question

if excel - then yes
data validation > list

as shown here in attached sample

what version of excel and perhaps a sample of what you are trying to do mocked up

Attachments

• List of names _ETAF.xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
@ETAF
What I was trying to do is use an EXCEL drop down list in a Word document because in Word you have to add each item one at time that you want to select from. I didn't know if there was a way to merge, convert, link, create a field code formula or mail merge an EXCEL drop down list to a Word document. I want to use the drop down for a Sign-Up sheet for a Luncheon and for a Tally/Survey form I need to create.

Last edited:
is this a request for help within a WORD document in an excel forum or am i missing something here , and not understanding the question

if excel - then yes
data validation > list

as shown here in attached sample

what version of excel and perhaps a sample of what you are trying to do mocked up
What I was trying to do is use an EXCEL drop down list in a Word document because in Word you have to add each item one at time that you want to select from. I didn't know if there was a way to merge, convert, link, create a field code formula or mail merge an EXCEL drop down list to a Word document. I want to use the drop down for a Sign-Up sheet for a Luncheon and for a Tally/Survey form I need to create.

Back