• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

What should be my Date range in the dCalendar table?

rkspeaks

Hello all,

Here is a PowerPivot question.

I have Fact table and couple of dim tables. In my Fact table I have my sales DATE range from 01-Jan-2008 TO 31-Dec-2014 in the OrderDate column.

Where as in my ShipDate column this range starts from 01-Jan-2008 TO anywhere 80+/- days +31-Dec-2014, where as another dim Table's Date column starts from 30+/-days of 01-Jan-2008 TO 180+/- days of 31-Dec-2014.

What should be my dCalendar table's date range start from and end till??

rkspeaks

Hi ,

See this link for more information :

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-pivot-calendar-tables/

The relevant excerpt from it is :
Rules for a Calendar Table
Here are the mandatory rules of a date table if you want to use time intelligence functions. You don’t have to follow these rules if you don’t need/want to use the in built time intelligence functions, but it is still good practice particularly if your data is at a “day level” of granularity.

• You must have a date column in your calendar table
  • The dates in this column must be in a contiguous range that covers the entire period of your data:
    • no missing dates. It doesn’t matter if you don’t work weekends, you MUST include ALL DATES in the calendar table including weekends.
    • no duplicate dates
  • The calendar table must be marked as “date table” specifying the date column when asked in the dialogue box.
Narayan

Back