• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

What Does 65536 Mean Exactly In Range(A65536).End(xlUp))?

I understand essentially that using this enables you to select non contiguous data for selecting a column with random blanks as far as I know.

However, what happens if my rows surpass the number 65536?

Do I increase the number in the range?

Or is 65536 a particularly special number Excel reads and understands as "go to the bottom and shoot to the top with selection" -no matter how long the column is?

No worries Becha : )

The folks here on Chandoo will hook you up with what you need though, and I would answer your question if I could but I'm new myself.

http://chandoo.org/forums/?new=1

You can click the link to start a new post.

indi,

In 2003 and earlier, the max ammount of rows was 65536. Thus, by using it the original author's intent was to select the last row in the spreadsheet.

So yes, if you're using a larger spreadsheet, just increase this to whatever your max row, or whatever you need it to be (depending on what the code is doing)

EDIT: Note that if you want your code to be compatible in 2003 and earlier, you should not adjust the number, as it would cause problems.

Back