• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Website Login. SUBMIT not working

asleepdirka

Hello all,

I have a challenging VBA macro that attempts to Login to an intranet website. Using the code below (credit to a previous poster), I am able to navigate to the login webpage and populate the Username and Password fields, however, I cannot get the Submit portion to function. I have attempted previous forum examples without success. Through hours upon hours of trial and error, I am left stumped, as well as my team of IT professionals at my company. The problem seems to be the Form ID's not being a simple Username and Password, but not sure. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Below the VBA code below I pasted the View Source Website information.

'Needs references to Microsoft HTML Object Library and Microsoft Internet Controls

Option Explicit

Sub Test()

Const cURL = "https://mywebsite¬.com/login.aspx"

Const cUsername = "XXXX" 'REPLACE XXXX WITH YOUR USER NAME

Const cPassword = "YYYY" 'REPLACE YYYY WITH YOUR PASSWORD

Dim IE As InternetExplorer

Dim doc As HTMLDocument

Dim LoginForm As HTMLFormElement

Dim UserNameInputBox As HTMLInputElement

Dim PasswordInputBox As HTMLInputElement

Dim SignInButton As HTMLInputButtonElement

Dim HTMLelement As IHTMLElement

Set IE = New InternetExplorer

IE.Visible = True

IE.navigate cURL

'Wait for initial page to load

Do While IE.readyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE Or IE.busy: DoEvents: Loop

Set doc = IE.document

'Get the only form on the page

Set LoginForm = doc.forms(0)

'Get the User Name textbox and populate it

'< input name="ctl00$ct$UserName" type="text" maxlength="30" id="ctl00_ct_UserName" style="width:160px;" />

Set UserNameInputBox = LoginForm.elements("ctl00_MainContent_containerMain_loginMain_UserName ")

UserNameInputBox.Value = cUsername

'Get the password textbox and populate it

'< input name="ctl00$ct$Password" type="password" maxlength="30" id="ctl00_ct_Password" style="width:160px;" />

Set PasswordInputBox = LoginForm.elements("ctl00_MainContent_containerMain_loginMain_Password ")

PasswordInputBox.Value = cPassword

'Get the form input button and click it

'< input type="submit" name="ctl00$ct$uxBtnLogin" value="Sign In" o n c l i c k="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions("ctl00_MainContent_containerMain_loginMain_btnLogin ", "", true, "Login", "", false, false))" id="ctl00_ct_uxBtnLogin" />

Set SignInButton = LoginForm.elements("ctl00$ct$uxBtnLogin")

SignInButton.Click

'Wait for the new page to load

Do While IE.readyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE Or IE.busy: DoEvents: Loop

'Get the HTML document of the new page

Set doc = IE.document

'Determine whether login succeeded or not

If InStr(doc.body.innerText, "Invalid Login Information") = 0 Then

MsgBox "Login succeeded"

Else

MsgBox "Login failed"

End If

Debug.Print "Current URL: " & IE.LocationURL

End Sub

________________________________________________ WEBSITE HTML VIEW SOURCE________________________

</div>

<div class="LoginBox">

Please log in to access your Report-IT! site.

<div> </div>

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">

<tr>

<td>Email:</td>

<td><input name="ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$UserName" type="text" id="ctl00_MainContent_containerMain_loginMain_UserName" style="width:225px;" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Password:</td>

<td><input name="ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$Password" type="password" id="ctl00_MainContent_containerMain_loginMain_Password" style="width:225px;" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center">

<input type="submit" name="ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$btnLogin" value=" Log In " id="ctl00_MainContent_containerMain_loginMain_btnLogin" class="ActionButton" />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for any assistance!

Hi ,

Can you try and see whether changing the following statements , as given , works ? This is based on the HTML source that you have posted :

[pre]
Code:
Set UserNameInputBox = LoginForm.elements("ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$UserName")

Set PasswordInputBox = LoginForm.elements("ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$Password")

Set SignInButton = LoginForm.elements("ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$btnLogin")
[/pre]
Narayan

Thank you for your speedy reply NARAYANK991. I won't be able to try your resolution until tomorrow, but I will let you know how it turned out, good or bad.

Your help and time is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Thank you Narayan!!!

The line I had to change in the VBA was;

Set SignInButton = LoginForm.elements("ctl00$MainContent$containerMain$loginMain$btnLogin")

Now I just need to figure out how to select an item from a dropdown menu which prompts to open excel file, open and save it. I'm sure it's been covered by Chandoo somewhere; starting my search :)

Thanks so much again Narayan for your rapid reply and assistance!

Back