• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Vlookup not working

Sushanth

Hi frndz,

I AM USING V LOOKUP FORMULA , I WANT TO EXTRACT THE DATA AS PER ANOTHER WORKBOOK DATA , BUT WHEN I PRESS ALT+ TAB AND GO IN OTHER WORKBOOK TO SELECT THE COLUM , THE FORMULA DOESNOT WORK .
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WHY DOES THE EXEL NOT PICKING OR TAKING LINK FROM OTHER WORKBOOK????

Hi Sushanth ,

One possible reason is that you have opened the other workbook in another instance of Excel , by double-clicking on the file name. Open the file from within the Excel menu.

Narayan

Hi,
I didnot get what you said Narayan, i have two excel files but i am not able to get the link. If i want to add one amount from my one workbook with other workbook , the links or formula disappears as i do Atl + Tab and go in next workbook or excel file to apply my formula.

Hi Sushanth ,

I tried entering the = sign , to start the formula in workbook A , then pressed ALT TAB to bring up the display , navigated to the desired workbook , say workbook C , and when the workbook was displayed on the screen , navigated to a particular cell and pressed the ENTER key ; the formula was entered into the cell in workbook A.

Are you not able to do this ? What actually happens ?

Narayan

Back