• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Visual Studio 2010 - Excel Development

sundesi

I need suggestion from the members that what books i need to refer to build excel application using Visual Studio 2010?

Kindly suggest me...

Hi, sundesi!

If what you need is developing an application that interacts with Excel files, and you're planning to do it with VS2010, I'd first try with the VS2010 tutorials & 101 code examples that come with VS. You'll have to choose what language are you going to use (maybe it depends on corporate policies) or if a mix of many of them, which maybe the ideal choice but for an experienced programmer. If it's not your case, maybe I'll try with Visual Basic or if you dare to do so with Visual C#, which I prefer but won't recommend to start.

Besides, if what you need is developing an application that uses Excel files, and isn't enough complex (amount of data, business rules, interaction with central databases, and so on), why not keep it all within Excel and deal with VS and its harder learning curve? Excel is very powerful and maybe it can do what you need.

Regards!

PS: For the first case, have you talked with your IT support team? First shoot, I'd say.

Back