• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VERY Complex Waterfall Charts Needed!

Susan M. Powell

I'm an Assistant, NOT an accounting or Excel expert, and I need serious help within the next 24 hours! Can someone help me to create some very complex bridge charts for Operating Income and Return on Sales data? I spent HOURS on them myself over the past several days, and I simply cannot get the charts created properly.

Susan, you could upload your file into google docs and paste the link here to see if someone will help. That would probably get a response.

Calm down, Susan. :)

First and foremost, I'd suggest you hand draw your desired bar/line chart. The most common chart base on the limited info provided is a bar+line chart where the operating income is displayed as numbers represented by bars and ROS as percentage represented by lines, over time as a X-axis. (note: you can flip the bar and line choice just stated)

You will probably going to display this chart as a double Y-axis. You can follow Excel's instruction by going to the help section. Just remember the 2nd Y-axis is known as Secondary axis. Follow the help from Excel and you should have a simple bar/line chart done in very little time.

Back