• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to multiply small list by UserEntry value?

hellooo again :) i can't thank you enough for your help with this .. it's a super insightful conversation after spending three day's in the power programming book!

I'm still not clear though .. and think it's your first sentance I'm unsure about ... what do you mean that VBA searches for the ShoppingList? because we've told it it's a 7 series list? that doesn't really make sense to me .. in Hui's example he specified Range("B1:B7"), and then kaushik used Range("B" & Rows.Count) .. how are you specifying it?

Hi, cash_flow_pro!

I'm leaving now, so my last humble advices:

a) open Excel, go to the VBA editor (Alt-F11), go to the Immediate window pane (Ctrl-G if not visible) and type "Range" (all unquoted); then position the cursor or click with mouse over the typed word and press F1.. you'll get the built-in help... and from there and from the top left search window you can access the whole documentation for the program... specially look for "range referencing" or "cell referencing"

b) slow down a bit, shift down a gear, re-read your first half of the PP2K7 book before going on with second one

c) open 3 clean new sheets, write down your original data, and try to apply Hui's, kaushik03's and my suggestion in seldom sheets... once they work, try inserting a top row or a left column and see what happens; if you're lucky you'll discover by yourself simple things like that which in worksheets Excel changes relative addresses as you move the cells with formulas but VBA doesn't, so you have to do this by updating the code

Regards!

ok, I shall do all of this, this weekend!

thanks again for all of your kind help, you guys rock!

love from NL (where it's still raining .. in july!! boo).x

Hi, cash_flow_pro!

If you achieve that IN THIS weekeend, chapeau, monsieur!

I'd rather say in this month, hope I shouldn't say in this summer, or this year.

But if you go on, you'll surely be doing this in this life... and just not for a while.

Regards!

Back