• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to delete Product item row from data entry sheet

pateltarunt

I have my product item data table in Sheet.2 that contain my product item number-name-sales data etc.

I have create another sheet.1 for getting different search result from main data sheet table in Sheet.2

I want to delete Product item based on item number. For that If I enter Item number in Sheet.1 and hit delete button this command go into sheet.2 (Data entry sheet table) Item number column and search for that item then select complete row and then delete it and come back to my Sheet.1.

I have create the below macro but it will not select the Product item row and hence delete of item is not perform.

>>> use code - tags <<<
Code:
Dim abc As String
    abc = Sheets("Sheet.1").Range("G5")
    Sheets("Sheet.2").Select
    Set Rng = Columns("A:A").Find(What:=abc, _
    LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
    rownumber = Rng.Row
    ActiveCell.EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp
    Range("A2").Select
    Sheets("Sheet.1").Select
    Range("G5").Select
Please check it and give correct code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only two lines needed for all that:
Code:
Set Rng = Sheets("Sheet.2").Columns("A:A").Find(What:=CStr(Sheets("Sheet.1").Range("G5")), LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)
If Not Rng Is Nothing Then Rng.EntireRow.Delete

A VBA demonstration using worksheets codename rather than name :​
Code:
    With Sheet2.UsedRange
        V = Application.Match(Sheet1.[G5].Value2, .Columns(1), 0):  If IsNumeric(V) Then .Rows(V).Delete
    End With
Do you like it ? So thanks to click on bottom right Like !​

Back