• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Code to Dynamically Expand Table if Another Table Expands

I really value your opinion and if there is anything that you can think of that will improve this workbook please let me know.

:)

Without seeing Your the latest version, I could write that I would do 'some' parts other way.
Would those make any improve - only You could know after testing.
Those needs new Transactions as I've written few times
as well as
to know - what do You really need?

I tested to do something ... again.
New/changed-features:
#1 Below ALL is ? : can compare those two sheets IDs
#2 ALL and yellow- & green-cells are still 'filtering'-buttons
#3 While add new transactions the code will check Your rules from right side table.
If rule has checked then those cell will highlite with light green.
If those two cell would need to fix - that will be automatic ... no need dropdowns.
#4 There is 'manual' [ Transaction & Rules ] -button - it will do same as Activating Notes-sheet
Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 12.18.25.png
Because, I have only that data, I could test only some features.
Maybe one day, I'll get answers.

Attachments

• Money in Excel BOB 1.1.xlsb
    474.8 KB · Views: 1
The data validation drop down lists are not correct on the Notes sheet.

The Category column should be "=CategoryList" and the Subcategory column should start at "=INDIRECT(E4)" which is in cell F4.

I changed it but it keeps going back so there must be code that is changing this.

The attached version has all correct transactions. It does have correct data validation drop down lists on the Notes sheet also. This needs to be there so some transactions can be manually changed.

This version does not have code to check for if there are new or different Transaction IDs though.

Attachments

• Money in Excel 75.1.xlsb
    540.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
JenniferS
DropDows ... in which file?
> if You're using my older file - then those dropdown's won't work as You've written much later.
> there is part of code, which do those.
>>> but as written with my previous reply, there is different case - why needs those dropdown's at all?

Your The attached version has all correct transactions...
I'm have no use with file, which both sheets has same transactions.
... I surprised myself and I added from Your latest file those seven new transactions to this file
>> next I selected Notes-sheet ... and for my eyes - it seems to work.

Seems You've downloaded my the latest sample.
Maybe Your comments would come later ...

Attachments

• Money in Excel BOB 1.12.xlsb
    472.9 KB · Views: 3
Hello,

The Transactions sheet table (Table1) is affected by Plaid Sync but not the entire sheet. I inserted another table in columns P and Q that is not affected by external code (Plaid Sync).

So it seems to be less complicated if there are any Transaction_IDs that don't appear in both tables to be listed there.

Can you please take a look to see if this is possible to do?

I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused to you.

Thank you

Attachments

• Money in Excel 75.2.xlsb
    533.4 KB · Views: 2
You sent copy of Your own file. Is it okay?
I compared with my previous file - looks same.

What conflict? ... I didn't notice that.
With which file do You have challenges?

When I used Sync I had duplicate accounts by their coding not sure why.
As You have skipped to update my codes to Your version,
there are challenges as I've tried to write many times.
Your I am not sure why. ... won't give any hints.

I will try to figure out on my own I have taken up too much of your time.

I am truly very sorry for this trouble that I have caused to you.

I attached this file which I used formulas to identify any differences that may occur between the tables for Transaction_IDs. See columns P and Q of Transactions sheet. I temporarily replaced the IDs to test. At this point there are no differences.

Hopefully differences do not occur in the future this is just a cross checking.

Attachments

• Money in Excel 75.2.xlsb
    534.2 KB · Views: 1
Seems You'll use only Your file with some my old code ... which has some challenges.
It's Your choice.
I won't ask new question, don't worry.

Very sorry but this latest workbook with your older code seems to work faster without any errors or issues with the banks.

Older code do less checking - that's why faster --- where hurry?
... and You've ... or have You give any details --- what errors or issues?
Situation is same
... if You'll close both of Your eyes now ... and You'll continue reading.
You won't know - how this writing ends?

The issues I have there seems to be conflict with your new code and the external code by the Plaid Sync. I get each account twice so there are duplicate transactions. I don't know why this is. I went back to older workbook and there are not any duplicate accounts or transactions. Ran the Sync code multiple times and the older workbook does not have any duplicates.

So for this reason I need to use the older code and use the formulas to track if there are any Transaction_IDs that are not common to both tables.

Can you please understand that I mean no harm or in any way be negative to new ideas? I just want a stable and reliable workbook for my budgeting purposes.

I understand that and
It's Your choice - which code do You use.
I cannot change ... test ... anything based indication like seems.
Without answers ... without data, which can show something ... it's hopeless to modify anything.
Take care.

Hello everything is working very well.

I have a request please. Can the popup for the Notes sheet code not have a sound when the code runs?

Can the popup for the Notes sheet code not have a sound when the code runs?

There is nothing in the code that currently makes a sound. Vletm's response is a bit sarcastic, but your question was like asking "Can we the default color of cells be white?" in the fact that there's nothing we need to do to make your request happen.

@vletm please remember to take care in your responses. It seems like this thread was a bit frustrating for you, leading to curt/short responses. I also understand it could also just be a language/translation issue, but a response of just "yes" was a bit too short. :)

Back