• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using VBA to change the graph series values...Need help

bigjohn

Hi,

I get macro A to work but with same concept the macro B doesn't seem to work. What ever values added after = will be show in the graph series values. I have try function text and value but only show same result. Series value shows ='Sheet1'!$AD$22 instead of ='Sheet1'!$AQ$30:$AQ$90

Macro A:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale = [R20]

Macro B:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = [AD20]

Below is the macro I get from recording:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Name = "=""Line 1"""

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = "='Sheet1'!$AQ$30:$AQ$90"

The difference is that in this line

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = "='Sheet1'!$AQ$30:$AQ$90"`

The right hand sign of the equation contains a formula, whereas the max value is a simple value. I'm not sure what the correct syntax in your case would be, but I'm guessing it will need to be something like:

[pre]
Code:
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = "='Sheet1'!" & [AQ30:AQ90].Address
[/pre]
^Above has not been tested, it's only an example of what the goal should sort of look like.

Luke M,

Is it possible to get the whole of <"='Sheet1'!" & [AQ30:AQ90].Address> to link to the spreadsheet like macro A?

If I need to change the range, I can instantly change from the spreadsheet instead of in the VBA.

Hi,

This is a renew question.

I am working on graph auto update for X-axis. Macro A is for graph format and Macro B is for X-axis.

Macro A:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale = [R2]

Macro B:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = [AD2]

AD2 = 'Sheet1'!$AQ$3:$AQ$9

Macro A is working but cant get the macro B to work. What ever values added after macro B's = will be show in the graph series values. So there are no link to the spreadsheet. Series value shows ='Sheet1'!$AD$2 instead of ='Sheet1'!$AQ$3:$AQ$9

Below is the macro I get from recording:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Name = "=""Line 1"""

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = "='Sheet1'!$AQ$3:$AQ$9"

May I know what syntax should be replacing [AD2] since it refer to a formula instead of a value? I get this from Luke M.

I need [AD2] to be link to the excel spreadsheet because any changes can be directly change in the spreadsheet.

Thank you.

Assuming that AD2 is displaying the literal text

Code:
='Sheet1'!$AQ$3:$AQ$9

Code would be:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("AD2").Text

Luke M,

Although I am not very confidence when I first receive your answer, I got it working on the first try. Been looking for the answer for quite sometimes. Am happy that someone had helped me. Again big thank you.

Glad I was able to help out bigjohn. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help clarify.

Back