• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using Index to search for text

In the attached:
Cells O16:O18 have been added as search criteria
The search will search the table on the left down to row 200
The results table on the right has been extended to row 100
Some IFERROR statements have been added to hide #VALUE errors when something is not found.

I've done no checking.
I am checking this out. Thats for you help.

I think our working styles simply do not match. I do not usually allow data to be input except in tables and never use direct references of the form Q$7. To develop such a sheet does required good knowledge of Tables and Structured Referencing but that is easy to acquired. The formula you quote is actually far more complicated.

What I see as being more of a problem is that my dynamic arrays will convert to CSE arrays when using older versions of Excel. Although I used CSE arrays extensively, I found them to be user-hostile and I remember complaining about them to Microsoft for years. Now as I have dynamic arrays, I am happy and never wish to revert to traditional techniques that I used to regard as ill-conceived.
Peter thanks for your information and I really appreciate your help.

In the attached:
Cells O16:O18 have been added as search criteria
The search will search the table on the left down to row 200
The results table on the right has been extended to row 100
Some IFERROR statements have been added to hide #VALUE errors when something is not found.

I've done no checking.
I am checking this out. Thats for you help.

How would I go about to change the column labeled Customer# to Entery Date.
and ask for 2 date numbers like the Appt date does.?

Back