• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Userform Login for Multiple Level User

Afarag

Hello,

I have a shared workbook which uses by multiple users, i ask to set a user form login have a different authorization level.

this workbook have 6 spreadsheets.

1st sheet: is the interface contain login image that when hit it the Userform Login popup

2nd sheet: called SLA Calendar this worksheet will available for all the users

3ed sheet: called SysUse this will available for Admins only

and the other sheet concern the creator

I have 3 levels criteria for users to deal with the workbook: i have been inserted the users, admins and creator and them passcodes in sheet called Login

authorization levels: want to worksheet opened permanently in Interface worksheet to login

Users permission: want to workbook ribbons and formula bar will be auto-hidden and when he insert the valid username and password will move to SLA Calendar sheet and the other sheets will be very hidden

Admins Permission: the same permission for Users but let SysUse sheet to be shown the other sheets will be very hidden

Creator Permission: all workbook sheets will be available.

I hope if can i obtain the Admins activities in SysUse sheet with times and dates, there is a empty table for users and time in Login sheet for this activities as when any Admin make any modification in the sheet his user and action time will be available in this table

Gratefully,

Attachments

• SLA calendar 2014 (2).xlsm
    472.9 KB · Views: 163
@Deepak ,

It's amazing really this sheet do fabulous work.
there's some issues that hope if applied
>> "Interface" sheet want to be visible permanently for all levels user
>> i want also "Admin"&"Creator" activities be available in "Login" sheet in (J&K) columns by Username and action time ;when do any modifications in "SysUse" sheet.
>> when "Admin" user is login and do any modification in "SysUse" sheet and hit save when reopen the sheet will be open in "SysUse" not in "Interface" sheet, it should be reopen permanently in "Interface" sheet to avoid tampering of the rest of the users
>> When open the sheet in user level, i can't exit the workbook.

Gratefully,

Last edited:
>> "Interface" sheet want to be visible permanently for all levels user

Done

>> i want also "Admin"&"Creator" activities be available in "Login" sheet in (J&K) columns by Username and action time ;when do any modifications in "SysUse" sheet.

Done

>> when "Admin" user is login and do any modification in "SysUse" sheet and hit save when reopen the sheet will be open in "SysUse" not in "Interface" sheet,

didn't get the point

it should be reopen permanently in "Interface" sheet to avoid tampering of the rest of the users

it's already incorporated.

>> When open the sheet in user level, i can't exit the workbook.
Mean to ?????

Attachments

• SLA calendar 2014 (2).xlsm
    465.8 KB · Views: 74
Deepak,

Respect, it's really what i looking for to do
only what can i add, when insert user name and passcode will move to "Month" sheet.

thanks a lot,

Deepak,

Respect, it's really what i looking for to do
only what can i add, when insert user name and passcode will move to "Month" sheet.

thanks a lot,

what about of Login activities. this workbook is shared and uses by 200 employees and more daily so that there is a unlimited numbers of "users" (Login&change) activities per day.
I ask if this activities will be cleared every 3 days to replaced by the new, as i didn't need more than 3 days till validate users logs

Afarag,

Hi all!!

This is a fantastic tool!!
If i wanted to add more users with different access levels, how do i do this?
Ive tried to modify the case id with other levels, but to no avail..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Tee

Hi tee,

Welcome to the board.

It's my pleasure to get it modified based on the ur requirements.

You are requested to start a new thread for your very own question.

You can tag there this post link for reference.

Hello Deepak

I like this tool (User Form Login for Multiple Level User). Can you please tell me the username and password for Admin user and for Creator User. Can you also tell me how to change the login logo to mine and also tell me how to change spreadsheets to my own spreadsheets. I am having 24 spreadsheets in total.

Please just send me a tutorial file on how to modify the attached file.

Thanks!

Attachments

• SLA calendar 2014 (2) (1).xlsm
    186 KB · Views: 104
Dafe,

Welcome to the board.

It's my pleasure that u have like it. You are requested to start a new thread for your very own question & i will take the charge.

Hello Deepak

The username and passcode you sent me is not working to access the form. I have tried to gain access but it's not working. Can you please send me the file you worked on so I run a test.

Thanks

Interesting project. How do I create a new user using another VBA form?
Can this be improved to record the log out time as well?

You can create new user with a little code which will check the duplication & add the new to the DB. This also be improved to login/out timestamp.

Pls start a new thread for very own query. You may ref the post there.

Back