• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

User Form With Searchable Combo Boxes

DEBLACKJACKAL

Hello everyone

Am Carlos by name, Kenyan by nationality and a fledgling programmer taking an increasing interest in Excel VBA. Am trying to create a simple user form that uses combo boxes to conduct the relevant search of data. I have attached a workbook named Staff Worksheet. In sheet 1 is a fictitious entry of staff employees in four columns namely Names, Gender, Age and Profession. In the User form I have designed, my intention is that should I for instance click the Name combo box and from the list displayed choose a name the matching name and relevant data ought to be displayed in the list box. The same thing ought to happen for the Gender and Profession combo boxes. I know it might not be that simple but I will appreciate any help in setting up the coding even if its for one combo box which will serve as a guide for the other remaining combo boxes.

Thanks

Attachments

Belleke

You made the same mistake (no userform), when you save a example as xlsx, userforms, macro's and code are all removed. You have to save your example as xlsm or xlsb, then post it here.

Belleke

You have to save the example where the userform is included as xlsm. Saving your xlsx without userform as xlsm won't bring back the userform.

Belleke

This time it worked.
I am off to work now but if nobody is before me i provide you with a solution tomorrow.

DEBLACKJACKAL

Hello Belleke

Just viewed your proposed solution.

Wow. Some very ingenious and sharp coding accomplished here. Far much better than what I had anticipated. Very grateful for your interest, time, effort and attention. Cheers

Regards
DeBlackjackal