• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unable to copy data from Protected sheet

aparvez007

Hi All,

Please help me....

I have protected sheet i want to copy data from that sheet and want to paste in other excel but unable to copy from protected sheet.

Thanks

Pavi

Good day aparvez007

Have you right tried clicking on the sheet tab and selecting Move Copy, check the make copy box and then choose to copy to new work book

Hi Pavi ,

If you can use VBA , do the following :

1. Activate the copy-protected sheet.

2. In the VB editor , in the Immediate Window , enter the following statement :

Activesheet.Cells.Select

This will select all the cells on the sheet.

3. Open a blank workbook , or any other workbook where you wish to copy this sheet , and placing the cursor in cell A1 , paste.

Courtesy : http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/385532-how-can-i-copy-a-protected-sheet-without-copying-the-protection.html

Narayan

Thanks for your reply Narayank...

I am ExcelVBA dumbo...

can you please tell me where is Immediate Window in VB editor.

Regards,

Pavi

Hi Pavi ,

From within your worksheet , press ALT F11 ( the ALT key and the F11 key together ) ; this brings up the Visual Basic Editor ( VBE ).

You should see the Immediate Window in the lower half of the screen ; in case you don't , press CTRL G to bring up the window.

Narayan

Thanks Narayan courtesy link works which have some VBA coding but Activesheet.Cells.Select not working.

can you tell me what mistake i m doing when using below statement.

Activesheet.Cells.Select

Thanks

Pavi

aparvez007

When you paste the code in to the immediate window press the enter key, then go to your worksheet and clock copy then to your new workbook/worksheet and in A1 click paste

Hi NarayanK991,

Thank you very much for this secret. I am very bad at VBA and this has saved my 3 days of work

Hello bobhc Excel ninja.
Thanks for your Tip to copy cells from a protected sheet and paste them on a new worksheet.
It worked perfectly well for my problem. Thanks again.
Good day.

Back