• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

trouble with a date formula

November72

Hello - Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

I've been trying to get a calendar date formula to work in a new workbook and am having trouble. I can get the first one to work, but none after that. I want to have pay dates populate thru a workbook from one worksheet to the next.

I have January set up and have the first date entered fine. I can get the next date to populate in the next cell I want it to fine, as well, by taking (Date 1) + 14. Then if I go to the next sheet and try to take create a formula using (Date 2) + 14 Excel doesn't like that.

Any suggestions for how to make this work? Or should I quit wasting my time with a formula and just type them all old school.

What is the error you are getting and what is the exact formula you have typed?

You said "Then if I go to the next sheet and try to take create a formula using (Date 2) + 14 Excel doesn't like that." ... have you typed references like Sheet1!Date2?

Make sure you are entering dates in the correct format ie 19/1/2010 or 19/1/10 etc and not as text or 1/19/2010 if using US dates

Then any formulas should flow through fine

Also check the display format, Right click cell and select Format Cells, select the Number tab and select a date style as appropriate.

Back