• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Tog filter items 1-by-1 at a time

smallxyz

Hi,
After applying auto-filter on data, I hope to go through each filter item of a particular column one at a time, so as to take a glimpse on the resulting data.
The crude way to do so, is to mouse-check / uncheck the items on the autofilter list.
I bet there is a more smart way to do so?
( Considering the possibility of 10+ filter items )
Thanks.

Hi,​
it seems you are enough confident with your Excel / VBA skills without sharing any detail and​
as it depends on the workbook you forgot to attach so we can give some generic sample​
then you just will have to 'fill the holes' in order to fit it to your context …​

Attached the excel file. Please have a look.

For example, for column "Agent", there exists filter items "A", "B", "C", "D".

Is there a convenient to loop through and display 1 filter item one at a time, without going through the tedious process of checking / unchecking items on the filter list ?

That is, I hope to display filter item "A" first. After that, display only filter item "B". Same principle applies until reaching filter item "D".
But I don't want to go through the tedious process of ticking / unticking the checkboxes in filter box.

Hope I have conveyed my story clearly. Thanks.

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    12 KB · Views: 2
So looping once to display a filter for each agent but must wait between each how many time ?​

(sample code removed)
As this is a wild cross posting so according to any forum rules​
you must first post a link for each thread for the same subject created on any other forum !​

(sample code removed)
As this is a wild cross posting so according to any forum rules​
you must first post a link for each thread for the same subject created on any other forum !​

as long as the user deems it the right moment to display next filter item.
So no need any code just using directly a filter …​
Another way could be to double click on an agent then the filter can be automatic​
or if there is only few agents you can create a button by agent …​

So no need any code just using directly a filter …​
Another way could be to double click on an agent then the filter can be automatic​
or if there is only few agents you can create a button by agent …​

I don't want to tick/untick the items in filter box frequently. Very tedious.

What do you mean by double clicking on an agent?
Can you demonstrate?
It only enters "edit mode" when double clicking on a cell.

Yes of course 'cause you do not have yet any VBA worksheet event intercepting the double click on a particular column …​

Another point : no need to check / uncheck any checkbox when using a filter as there are other choices for enough smart people …​
According to your will, well elaborate it in order someone may re-invent the wheel but with the risk of a square one.​
As it's a non sense to roll each agent in particular if the need is to filter only the last one !​

Another point : no need to check / uncheck any checkbox when using a filter as there are other choices for enough smart people …​
According to your will, well elaborate it in order someone may re-invent the wheel but with the risk of a square one.​
As it's a non sense to roll each agent in particular if the need is to filter only the last one !​
Thank you for your input.
Hope the others could solve my problem.

It's very not a problem as Excel has yet all the smart filter features …​
Another way is to use an advanced filter : use a free range to add the same column header and below its criteria​
then each time the cell change an advanced filter could be launched by a worksheet event.​
Well elaborate at least how do you want it to be achieved …​

Back