• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

To exclude foreign language in special character list

atikah

hi all,

i am doing some task in excel to detect the special character that can cause issue.

i am using conditional formatting with below formula.

"=IFERROR(MIN(FIND(MID(B4,ROW(INDIRECT(""1:""&LEN(B4))),1),'Sheet1'!$A$1)),0)=0"

my issue now is, this formula will also detect foreign language. i dont want foreign language to be highlighted.

Thanks,
Atikah

Here, your CF formula highlighted every row regardless of what was in column B or in A1!
Why don't you use:
"=ISNUMBER(FIND(Sheet1!$A$1,B4))"

As for detecting a foreign language in Excel I think that's nigh on impossible.

hi all,

i am doing some task in excel to detect the special character that can cause issue.

i am using conditional formatting with below formula.

"=IFERROR(MIN(FIND(MID(B4,ROW(INDIRECT(""1:""&LEN(B4))),1),'Sheet1'!$A$1)),0)=0"

my issue now is, this formula will also detect foreign language. i dont want foreign language to be highlighted.

Thanks,
Atikah
You need to give few lines of example data, and the expected results, together with a file upload to us.

Otherwise, we don't understand what the contents of 'Sheet1'!$A$1 and B4 as per your formula.

Regards

This 365 formula removes all characters that do not exist in upper- and lower-case forms:
Code:
= LET(
    chars, MID(string, SEQUENCE(LEN(string)), 1),
    alpha, NOT(EXACT(UPPER(chars), LOWER(chars))),
    CONCAT(FILTER(chars, alpha))
  )
This reduces Xyz12*λϑ to Xyzλϑ for example.

Back