• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time Sucks: Hours as a chart axis....

dan_l

I've got a report element. Basically I have a quantifiable activity with a quantifiable complexity.

What you say? Activity and complexity? Dan L, what on earth will you use to chart that? And I answer: A bubble chart!

Only trouble: time doesn't like being an axis. I'm getting all sorts of funky issues. Like instead of coming up:

12am 1am 2am 3am

I'm getting:

12:41am 2:33am 4:05am

Thing is, I don't even want it to be back in the overnight. The source data starts at roughly 6. I've been able to manipulate it a bit with using some decimals instead of whole numbers. But still, that causes problems because the data comes in via the query tool.

Is there a magic button to make this work?

Are your times actually times or text ?

Have you tried the Axis Options

Select X Axis

Right Click Format Axis

Change the Axis Type, Try all 3 options

That's actually a very good question and the answer is I have no idea. It's lineage is uncertain.

It's origin is the 'hour' function in Access, however, I set the cells in excel to treat them as text. Worth mentioning that the effect that has seems pretty nominal.

I'm thinking of just having the hour function feed to an if/then 'iif hour[time]=12:00am,12AM' or maybe just do it with a predictable 2 column table: hour, text blurb that looks like an hour

I'll have to see.

Back