• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time Linked Data Gathering

Haircut100

Dear expert

Could you please give me a steer as to the most appropriate function for my data gathering task.

I have a data set containing logged data every 10mins of every day for 1 month. In the left hand column is a combined date and time value eg. '09/01/2008 08:30' . In the next column is a logged data value eg. '0.44'

In September I therefore have 30 different data reading that relate to 08:30. I would like to gather all 30 corresponding data readings into 1 cell and find their average, and then repeat the process for 08:40, 08:50 etc.

The end result would be a column of 10min data averages for the month.

I note that the date time column is number formatted as 'general', if this has any bearing on the matter.

Hope I've explained this clearly...

Kind regards

Noel

I would setup a Helper Column which just contains the times

eg =A10-Int(A10) and format as a time

Then you could use a SumProduct or a Pivot Table to summarise

Hi Noel,

I would suggest adding a helper column that should just contain the time. It sounds form your post that the field is actually a text field. If this is the case you can use the RIGHT() formula to isolate the time element form the text. You will now have a list of times and values.

You can now use the AVERAGEIF() formula to calculate an average.

Back