• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time charts on Excel

lesliaskew

I want to create a chart that would tell give me the formula for the hours for my employees. For example if one comes in at 7am and out by 3:30pm (with 1/2 hour lunch deduction)how many hours did that person worked.

I am very new a excel; so please help! I need the formula!

Thanks!

Create a table like the one below & enter the time after 12 as 13, 14 & not as 1 or 2.

Hrs worked = time out- Break- Time In

Time In Lunch Break Time Out Hrs worked

7 0.3 15.3 8

Hi ,

Srinidhi has already given you one way.

My suggestion would be to format the data entry cells as Time , so that the arithmetic would be much simpler.

Enter all the times at which employees clock in , in column A ; the lunch hours worked , in column B , and the clock out times , in column C.

In column D , you can have the hours worked as = the out time - the in time - the lunch break , as follows :

If we start with cell A5 , then D5 will contain the formula =C5-B5-A5 ; copy this formula in D5 to the remaining cells in column D , as far as you wish to go , say from D6 till D279.

The formatting of these columns has to be done appropriately , so that the values are displayed correctly. For columns A and C , which contain the IN TIMEs and OUT TIMEs , select the Time format 1:30 PM ; for columns B and D , which contain time values in hours and minutes , select the Time format 13:30.

Hope this is clear.

Narayan

You can search the google for help. As you are using excel, Interesting topics here:http://www.keepautomation.com/products/excel_barcode/barcodes/ean_13.html

Back