• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Thanks a lot Narayan sir !

Dazzling numbers. 7% of all messages and on average 7 messages a day since he joined. What a beast! No harm intended, but NARAYAN, do you have a life outside this forum? ;-)
A very humble, yet fat thank you for all that shared knowledge. I've seen several members calling you sir. Rightfully so. You have earned that respect. So sir N, thanks again. Looking forward to read more treads you treat.

Dazzling numbers. 7% of all messages and on average 7 messages a day since he joined. What a beast! No harm intended, but NARAYAN, do you have a life outside this forum? ;-)
A very humble, yet fat thank you for all that shared knowledge. I've seen several members calling you sir. Rightfully so. You have earned that respect. So sir N, thanks again. Looking forward to read more treads you treat.
Hi ,

First , thank you for the generous praise.

I think 7 messages a day on average is not such a great time away from life outside this forum !

I tried my hand in the MrExcel forum , but I found myself unable to keep pace with members like Aladin Akyurek , who at last count has totalled 81490 messages over 16 years , which is 14 messages a day !

When I joined this forum in 2011 , only Hui and Luke were answering questions , and it was easy for me to answer more than 7 messages a day ; nowadays , there are many more members available to answer , and you will see that I answer far less than 7 messages a day.

Narayan

Hi ,

First , thank you for the generous praise.

I think 7 messages a day on average is not such a great time away from life outside this forum !

I tried my hand in the MrExcel forum , but I found myself unable to keep pace with members like Aladin Akyurek , who at last count has totalled 81490 messages over 16 years , which is 14 messages a day !

When I joined this forum in 2011 , only Hui and Luke were answering questions , and it was easy for me to answer more than 7 messages a day ; nowadays , there are many more members available to answer , and you will see that I answer far less than 7 messages a day.

Narayan
Talking about another beast... Indeed Bill Jelen and his band also rock Excel. And Aladin (must be a genie in a bottle!) is a name you see rather frequently pop-up in Excel books. There is always a master above masters.
Now about the numbers, I'm more drawn to the quality of things, I believe you'd agree on that :). But at least it shows a commitment to fellow Excel users, which I can only appreciate. And this is why:
I did much of my Excel education on my own, but here I'm re-engineering the "excel-in-me". If only I had a colleague or two like you (or any other Ninja for that matter) when I was a junior, oh man, what a difference would that have made! That's why I decided about a year ago to start an XL-blog at work, where colleagues can ask Excel questions or share knowledge. I gave it my own twist, but a big part of it is very much influenced and inspired by :awesome: blog/forum and I reference it a lot. The wise ninja words are spread beyond... So keep on spilling them ;).

I will agree with @GraH - Guido on quality count. Personally, I don't think numbers alone will count or they should matter so much.

Some numbers are daunting though, on some of the computer communities count of posts have exceeded even 1,00,000 mark.

Your contribution to this community is tremendous and there are no two ways about it. It contributes in its own subtle ways for community to thrive. So in some way for this community, you are what Aladin is to MrExcel! Drawing comparisons is typical nature of human mind but they take the pleasure away.

I might missed the early cells of current region to keep a note of the what tremendous job done by NARAYANK991 and i thought just 'Thanks' will not make out of stake towards his valuable contribution to the forum.

@r1c1 - You might have a thought for a surprise to him on behalf of all forum lovers.

ThrottleWorks : I must have to thanks you for keeping a tab on this & always having a hawk eye on rolling things.

I might missed the early cells of current region to keep a note of the what tremendous job done by NARAYANK991 and i thought just 'Thanks' will not make out of stake towards his valuable contribution to the forum.

@r1c1 - You might have a thought for a surprise to him on behalf of all forum lovers.

ThrottleWorks : I must have to thanks you for keeping a tab on this & always having a hawk eye on rolling things.
Hi Deepak ,

I think every member who answers a question is important , and every contribution is valuable.

Hui , Luke , Jeffrey Weir , Sajan and a few other members have contributed blog posts which have been viewed by thousands and might have helped an equally large number of people.

Narayan

Last edited:
Back