• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Tally this up

Busymanjohn

Hi guys, Poser for you, I have a scoring sheet where contestants in a competition are given a placing by judges ( there will be 5, 7 or 9 judges ). The result of the judges placings for the contestants will then determine final placings as follows.

Each judge must place each contestant in 1st, 2nd, 3rd place etc ( up to 12th place ). A contestant must have a majority of judges votes to be awarded a final placing. If a contestant does not have a majority vote, then the next placing is added to the previous placement ( 1st thru 2nd, 1st thru 3rd etc )until a majority is reached. If two or more contestants have equal majority then the numerical value of the ordinals for each contestant is added, the contestant with the lower sum gets the higher placing.

This is easy enough to do manually, but I wanted to automate the process and have become stuck. I can email an example if need be.

Busymanjohn

Can you post a copy of the file somewhere with examples of the scoring

and notes to explain

Hi guys, Thought I would check back with you all to see if anyone has had any ideas or thoughts on this. You know I like to challenge you :). Let me know if you need more info, I am sure there is a way to do this, with my workings I got most of them right,, but not all sadly. Thanks

Hi guys, I have been away for a few days, so not checked back on this recently ,,, I am hoping that from the lack of response there remains an issue with accessing the file ,,, so let me try again ,,, please someone let me know if you can see this file or not ( if not I will try something else ) ... Thanks.

https://rapidshare.com/files/449242540/Scoring_File.xls

Busymanjohn

All links are ok

I think it is an unusual way to score and so a simple answer isn't easily falling out

Will have to have another think

HI

HUI, Sorry to disturb you, but this was urgent, did you see my query under topic MULTIVARIATE REGRESSION ANALYSIS VBA

Regards

Anup

Anup

Sorry to disappoint?

Did you read the Bullet point in http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/phd-forum-posting-rules-etiquette-pls-read-before-posting

Never title your posts as "Urgent", "Priority" "Immediate". It may be Important to you, but not for rest of the members here.

Now:

I don't work here.

I earn no revenue, income, or any such incentives from my contributions at Chandoo.org

I give my time and experience where I can, when I can, for FREE

and I sent a Google Access Request to you about 3 Hours ago as I can't access your file

So, Would you like to rephrase your question?

Back