• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Tab on over!

sprlvlyldy

Hello,

I only want to allow users to use the the tab key to go a certain amount of cells in a row. When they reach the end point and hit the tab key, is there a way to have the cursor automatically move to the next row below?

Also, is there a way to prevent a user from tabbing forward if the cell is blank?

Thank you in advance!

Shine On,

Sprlvlyldy

Hi,

You can try protecting the sheet by locking cells that you do not wish tab to go. This will address your situation.

You can do it either manually or thru VBA. How to do manually is available in this site, but I dont have the exact link.

Regards,

Prasad

I only want to allow users to use the the tab key to go a certain amount of cells in a row. When they reach the end point and hit the tab key, is there a way to have the cursor automatically move to the next row below?

You could create a data entry area by locking and hiding all cells, then unlocking and unhiding the cells you want to allow editing in, then protecting the worksheet. I have a VBA based approach here:

http://www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com/blog/2010/09/protect-excel-sheets-while-allowing-data-entry/

That way, you would use the Tab key to move from cell to cell regardless of row. You would't need the Enter key to change rows.

Thank you for your suggestions. I went ahead and locked the cells and protected the worksheet and that works exactly how I need it to! =)

Back