• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sumproduct Formula problem

sgmpatnaik

@Hi

Good Afternoon All

In my workbook i am trying to sum the 3 criteria items using with SUMPRODUCT formula so i am getting up to 2 criteria but i am fail to get the third criteria

my work as like

1. Date

2. Brand

3. Shortage

4. Quantity

i want to get the result for the brand wise shortage Quantity in the particular month. For that i used the given below formula but i got the result as #VALUE

=SUMPRODUCT(('Receive Register'!$B$6:$B$5005>=DATE(YEAR($G$5),MONTH($G$5),1))*('Receive Register'!$B$6:$B$5005<=$G$5)*('Receive Register'!$J$6:$J$5005=$A26)*('Receive Register'!$M$6:$M$5005)*'Receive Register'!$N$6:$N$5005,"Shortage")

Range Details of above formula

1. Column B = Date

2. Column J = Brand

3. Column M = Quantity

4. Column N = Shortage

Kindly suggest where is my mistake

Thanking You

Regards

SP

Hi Patnaik ,

I think the problem is here :

'Receive Register'!$N$6:$N$5005,"Shortage"

which should be :

'Receive Register'!$N$6:$N$5005="Shortage"

Generally , it is good practice to put all the logical conditions together , followed at the end by the sum range ; in your case , your formula would be :

=SUMPRODUCT((('Receive Register'!$B$6:$B$5005>=DATE(YEAR($G$5),MONTH($G$5),1))*('Receive Register'!$B$6:$B$5005<=$G$5)*('Receive Register'!$J$6:$J$5005=$A26)*('Receive Register'!$N$6:$N$5005="Shortage"))*('Receive Register'!$M$6:$M$5005))

Narayan

@Narayank

Hi

Thanks it's working fine, Just miss understood the problem or confused .

Thanks for your Guidelines about the formula

Regards

SP

Back