• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sum values with multiple criteria

rajkenya1

Hi.

In the attached spreadsheet, i am looking for a formula in the summary tab in cell E13 which will look at the value or text in cell C6 (summary tab) then compare it to the range of the same value or text in the costs tab from cells C6:C219 and also look at the value in summary tab cell c12 and compare it to the values in the costs tab from range C6:C219 and then add all the amounts from the costs tab in relation to the code and cost centre only.

Attachments

• Budget Master Model FY22 V1 Test.xlsx
    781.8 KB · Views: 6
Simplest way according to me is a pivot.
The way this is set-up makes me suspicious about it being an assignment of any sort. Some stuff is way too obvious a kind off trap.

Attachments

• Copy of Budget Master Model FY22 V1 Test.xlsx
    796.5 KB · Views: 7
Thank you for your reply.

This is not a trap but something work related that i am stuck on. Besides i thought this forum was to assist those who need assistance on excel regardless of what it is.

Thanks

Simplest way according to me is a pivot.
The way this is set-up makes me suspicious about it being an assignment of any sort. Some stuff is way too obvious a kind off trap.

Good to know it is work related.
How can you be stuck to a template that has no formula provided? Strange it is.
I did offer a solution by the way, just not with formulas as the template is awkwardly set-up.
Amongst others some categories are spelled differently in the data and in the summary table. Account codes for groupings do not exist in the data.

PS: I don't mind helping with assignments at condition people do some effort themselves.

The whole purpose a formulae is not provided is because i dont have one. Hence i am asking for help. Regarding effort from my part, i would not be reaching out had i not tried before. Whether its an assignment or not, what does it matter. This is a platform to assist people in excel. Anyway thanks.

Help people indeed, not doing their work. Sometimes it is hard to tell. As I said, I offered a solution with pivot. It avoids formulae all together and it will reveal typos and so.
Avoiding an endless discussion... Adding your trial or trials in the uploaded file helps us to help you better. Maybe you tried Sumif or sumifs or sumproduct even. Why not tell us?

Help people indeed, not doing their work. Sometimes it is hard to tell. As I said, I offered a solution with pivot. It avoids formulae all together and it will reveal typos and so.
Avoiding an endless discussion... Adding your trial or trials in the uploaded file helps us to help you better. Maybe you tried Sumif or sumifs or sumproduct even. Why not tell us?

Thanks very much

Just for your knowledge. I finally managed to find a solution to my formula. There was no need of pivots. This is the simple formula. Perhaps may assist you in the future.

=SUMIFS(Costs!H$6:H$219,Costs!$B$6:$B$219,$C5,Costs!$C$6:$C$219,$D$2)

Back