• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Stock reallocation between stores

Leo Milano

Hi there,
I have a logic problem. I want to reallocate our stock in 5 stores so we have a close balance between them. I want to make a spreadsheet that instructs automatically which products, from where, to where, and how many, so I can have it as evenly distribuited as possible.

I have done some file work and some code, but i have no ideia on how to write this logic.

I'm linking the file, it stars by showing the total of all stores. Clicking the first button, it prints lists for the 5 stores for product count

The second button shows 5 sheets with each store count, the last button shows new 5 sheets where it should be printed the diretions. From where, what, how many, and to where.

I've been trying to come up with something, but i get quite lost to be honest.
Hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• LEVMAN.xls
    167.5 KB · Views: 5
Leo Milano - five short questions...
Which sheets would be those five stocks?
How do You get or update each stocks information?
Which sheet You would like to get something?
Do You need all those 11 sheets?
Is that only possible layout?

How do You get or update each stocks information? And Which sheets would be those five stocks?

Its a manual process. First, in the "total" sheet I set which label and products we are going to count (we have 40k+ different products, so we count label by label, as an example in this saved file, we are counting a specific brand of yarn from Círculo, the slots were filled with colors still available for purchase). This way I create a list that each stock manager can count his own stock.

Sheets 2 to 6 have the list layout for printing, and there I can update each sheet as they come back filled.

Which sheet You would like to get something?
I'd like to write a code that print into sheets 7 to 11 instructions for the stock managers on where they should send which and how many products
I have some failed code there

Do You need all those 11 sheets? And Is that only possible layout?
Definitely no. That was the best I could come with, having in mind layouts to print on paper. I see it has many flaws, would love suggestions

Leo Milano
... hmm?
You will need at least one sheet - okay?
I 'totally hide' others ... except one!
and left there 'total'-sheet.

The 1st sample...
1) Fill 'light green values'
2) Press [ Do It ]
3) You'll see, what to do for You stocks
4) ... and the new stock values

Many things will depend, how do You can get/fill those 'Cores'? and values ...
... with as less as possible 'manual process' ;)

Ideas? Questions?

Attachments

• LEVMAN.xlsb
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
Dear vletm,
it took me some time to finally get to the computer and take a look at your version. OMG i'm baffled. This miles and miles further. I really like how you dealed all info in one sheet. That's amazing. I'll take some time so i can fully understand the code, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot easily by it.
As of right now, I don't even know what could be this mission option.
I have some ideas on creating a DB with all labels and brands, so it would get less manual. But right now I'll spend some time taking a look a this beauty.
Thank you so much!

Back