• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sort the range name, drop down box in Excel

Hello!

Per the screen shot below, is there a way to keep the range names, in the drop down box, in alpha sort order? I have a long list of named ranges and having them alphabetized would be helpful.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Pictures
Will you please attach a sample Excel workbook? We are not able to work with or manipulate a picture of one and nobody wants to have to recreate your data from scratch.

1. Make sure that your sample data are REPRESENTATIVE of your real data. The use of unrepresentative data is very frustrating and can lead to long delays in reaching a solution.

2. Make sure that your desired results are also shown (mock up the results manually).

3. Make sure that all confidential data is removed or replaced with dummy data first (e.g. names, addresses, E-mails, etc.).

4. Try to avoid using merged cells as they cause lots of problems.

Please pay particular attention to point 2 (above): without an idea of your intended outcomes, it is often very difficult to offer appropriate advice.

Alan,

I appreciate your guidance and, typically, I do prepare data in the manner you recommend. I did not feel that particular question required such effort because it is list of range names no different that any other list of range names. There is nothing special about them. There's no formula or VBA to consider. I simply wanted to know if there's a 'secret', I'm not aware of that, will keep these named ranges in alpha order.

Again, thank you for your response.

As far as I know, you cannot change the order.
The list should be sorted in alpha order for named ranges followed by tables which are in the order they appear in the workbook

Personally, I like to test my solutions with real data. I don't like creating data to test as it may not be in the same form as yours.

Back