• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Slicers not playing nice with my date

Lawrence429

Hi all --
I have three different slicers for different sections of my data. All three use the date to filter. I have painted the same date format on all three columns with dates in them. I have copied exactly the slicer properties from one to the next and my slicers still do not display dates nicely -- or the same. Right now two of them are displaying dates by the first number e.g. 25 -Feb, 25-Jan, 25-Jul, 25-Jun, 25-May (I was playing with the green "Paint Globs so it is Newest to Oldest as opposed to the "Chipped" one being oldest to newest), the third on is displaying only this month in "Newest to oldest" yet all three have a filter for this month only. Can anyone figure out what I can do so all three are displaying dates in the same format and Newest to Oldest?Slicer dates.PNG

Without seeing the real data ( which you can post on the forum), it looks like the dates ( or some of them) are text looking like dates and not real dates.
Perhaps post your sheet on the forum to check

Hi Pecoflyer --
Attached is the data and pivot tables. To explain how I put it together; on the "Tracking" tab there are three different scrap codes -- Columns A-E show code 4070, Columns K-O show 4016, and columns P-S show code 4173.
On the first two, 4070 and 4016, the first column is the date the shop order is completed (and is the date that I am trying to sort by on the "Tracking Tab"), the second columns is the amount of scrap, the third columns has the machine, the fourth columns are the date when the part was made (truncated because I didn't want auto format date here) and the fifth columns are the shift. As a side note, if two shifts worked on the same shop order, then I split the scrap in the second column equally between shifts. With the 4173 data, it's basically the same only no machine data is recorded.
The "Tracking Tab" has all of the Pivot Tables / Charts and is the one where the dates from the first columns on the "Tracking" sheets is all wonky. It would be great if all the slicers were in the format; it would be absolutely amazing if all the charts were run from one slicer. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you much
LCD

Attachments

• Pivot dates.xlsx
    279.8 KB · Views: 2
Back