• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sheet Name Assist

yorkbay

Hi

I have a workbook that contains multiple sheets and allows the user to run a report which will consolidate all of the individual sheets data into a report view sheet
Each time the report macro is run, the new report sheet is saved todays date and time i.e. 03-04-2021 13:13:06
An administrator uses that report to put comments for items that need to be changed or corrected on individual sheets
The user sees the admin comments, selects hyperlinks that bring them to the sheet to make then updates and when all have been completed they re-run a report
The new report is again saved with todays date and time

I have the following macro which would allow the admin to compare the commented sheet report to the new sheet report so that they can ensure changes were made etc.

>>> use code - tags <<<
Code:
Dim rngCell As Range

For Each rngCell In Worksheets("Sheet2").UsedRange

If Not rngCell = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(rngCell.Row, rngCell.Column) Then
        rngCell.Interior.Color = vbYellow
    End If

Next rngCell
The problem is, my macro is set up with sheet2 and sheet1 just while I tested how to do this, BUT I'm now stuck in that I need the user to tell me which 2 reports to compare since any user can run a report while they are working in the file. I want the admin to be able to specify the 2 sheets i.e. the 03-03-2021 13:13:05 sheet and perhaps a 03:05:2021 09:15:08 report. I was thinking a prompt to allow the user to select the sheet tab and then have the macro copy the name etc but I'm stuck. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
yorkbay
You should reread Forums Rules, those are for You too:
... and same kind of rules are everywhere.

Hello. I am not sure why I keep getting responses telling me to review the rules. I understand that I made a mistake and posted the same question on misterxl.com, but the person previous alerted me to that and sent me my old link to be posted here. As I did not know how to edit my initial post to add the link. I’m now getting another email telling me to re-read the rules. I’ve kept my document exactly the way the rules say. I gave it a headline that explains what I’m looking for, I try to explain clearly and concisely what the problem is and I shared my code. Can you kindly explain to me why you keep referring me to the rules? I certainly don’t want to be bumped from the form as I do need help, but I’m new to all of this and not understanding what you were trying to point out to me mHello. I am not sure why I keep getting responses telling me to review the rules. I understand that I made a mistake and posted the same question on misterxl.com, but the person previous alerted me to that and sent me my old link to be posted here. As I did not know how to edit my initial post to add the link. I’m now getting another email telling me to re-read the rules. I’ve kept my document exactly the way the rules say. I gave it a headline that explains what I’m looking for, I try to explain clearly and concisely what the problem is and I shared my code. Can you kindly explain to me why you keep referring me to the rules? I certainly don’t want to be bumped from the form as I do need help, but I’m new to all of this and not understanding what you were trying to point out to me. Can you please be more specific about what I’m doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your response.

Also, I do see that I made another mistake in sending each out to someone who reposted on a different issue if it was similar to mine thinking perhaps if he saw my issue he would be able to respond to assist since he seems to have expertise in that arena. According to the rules, you were not allowed to use the chat window on this for him and I did not know when I apologize. If that is What you are preaching me to then I apologize and thank you. If you were trying to point out something else please be specific so that I can be sure to abide by the rules. Thank you in advance.

In this situation you have crossposted your request to several sites. All Forums have the same request when you do this. Advise in each forum that you have crossposted and provide the link. The following link will help you to understand why you have been asked to read the rules once again.

yorkbay
In the beginning - I have not written that You have done something wrong.
I've give notes that You could do something better.

Shortly: There are rules everywhere.
When someone start to use eg this Forum, someone should learn/study basic rules.
You should see that New Users - Please Start Here then You're opening this Forum.
If You had read those, then eg me as a moderator could not give any feedback base those rules.
The 1st note was about using code - tags --- that's clearly explained there.
Same time, I could give a note to reread those rules, there were many things,
which would help You to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org.
I won't copy & paste same list, which anyone could read anytime.

Case cross-posting - it's possible to use based rules.
But if You or anyone will use it, then that needs some duties to do by user who's doing that.
For me, if someone would use then - there would be other thread, which will be more interesting (same as in #6 reply).

Back