• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sending Email from excel which cell value/text change

Ratish

Hi,

Frankly speaking am new to this world and guessing if it is possible to get an email when whenever a text in a cell change?

Scenario, I have one excel sheet which gets updated every 5 min and i need to get an email whenever there is a missing entry from that with cell text as "Missing for report".

I am not sure if it is possible. If yes please help

Thanks
Ratish

Hey Ratish,

Yes, please take reference from enclosed file..
Use-

Change gmail details (username (h2) and password (h3)) and add to (h6)

and type missing in A1 cell

* referenced from
http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s1/cdo.htm

Hi,

Frankly speaking am new to this world and guessing if it is possible to get an email when whenever a text in a cell change?

Scenario, I have one excel sheet which gets updated every 5 min and i need to get an email whenever there is a missing entry from that with cell text as "Missing for report".

I am not sure if it is possible. If yes please help

Thanks
Ratish

Attachments

• Email Sent COD.xlsm
    20.2 KB · Views: 12
Thank you, I tried it worked for me, but I have one more criteria, before sending the email the code should check in a different cell if that cell contains "ESC", the code should not send email even if the target cell contains "Missing from report".

Hi Ratish,

Please modify below code in VBA editor.

If Target.Address = Range("a1").Address _
And Range("A1").Value = "Missing" And Range("B1").Value <> "" Then
MsgBox "Email processing...please wait"

upload_2016-9-22_19-55-57.png

Thank you, I tried it worked for me, but I have one more criteria, before sending the email the code should check in a different cell if that cell contains "ESC", the code should not send email even if the target cell contains "Missing from report".

NO, as you mentioned in your last post
contains "ESC", the code should not send email

then

And Range("A1").Value = "Missing" And Range("B1").Value <> "ABC"

will it be
And Range("A1").Value = "Missing" And Range("B1").Value = "ABC" Then

Back