• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Select the correct row in a table

Grumpy88

Hi all.

What is the easiest way to get Excel to use the result of a formula to find the correct row in a table, and then copy the cell contents of a cell in that table row? In short, I need it to look at a formula result (e.g. "L17), find the specific row in a table that has "L17", and then display the wording in a cell in that same row in another cell.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get my actual spreadsheet attached, but essentially the user selects three different options from dependent dropdown lists (each selection filtering the available options on the following one). Each combination of choices has a unique ID, which Excel must then use to match it to the corresponding row in a table. That row contains a cell with specific wording, which Excel must then display in a cell for the user to see.

Thanks.

In B16, enter formula :

=IFERROR(INDEX(Table8[Wording],MATCH(SUMIFS(Table13[Unique ID],Table13[Event],D7,Table13[Description],B12),Table8[Unique ID],0)),"")

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• GB Tool.xlsx
    32.4 KB · Views: 5
Back