• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Seeking help adding up unique zip codes

cubs610

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to get some outside thoughts on how to calculate which zip code gets the most business. Some of the key things I'm trying to figure out are in the bullet list below and in case it helps I put my hunch/ suggestion in parenthesis. Love to hear anyone's thoughts!

* Where we do most of the business– column E (Zip Code) Basically look at each zip code and add up the total dollars for each zip code. The key is to break this down for each zip code, not looking for an aggregate. – (granted could sort and count/ subtotal, perhaps pivot- but wondered if there was a better way, or a more effective formula that will show the total for each unique zip code.

* What NSP (column A) gives the most business – same as above

* Calculated job complete (Column F) to payment received (Column J) and got those days. What I’d love to know is if there is no payment received, how many days ago have they been invoiced? (perhaps a now()- datedif in days?)

It would be incredibly helpful if we could figure a way through this… especially the last one.

All the best,
Dave

Attachments

• zip code sales.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 2
Take a look at the attached. Basically took your data, made it into an Excel Table, and put some aging formulas in the table and added a dash of Conditional Formatting.
I used Pivot Tables to get your By Zip And NSP $$$.

Let me know if it's what you're looking for

Attachments

• zip code sales - DME.xlsx
    31.9 KB · Views: 4
@Dave
Take a look at the attached. Basically took your data, made it into an Excel Table, and put some aging formulas in the table and added a dash of Conditional Formatting.
I used Pivot Tables to get your By Zip And NSP $$$.

Let me know if it's what you're looking for

@David Evans-- awesome man!!! And thanks....
So does this mean you're like "The Edge" of Excel?
Sorry... couldn't resist. :)

Back