• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Returning last value of the continuous range

pradhishnair

can i get a little help with my problem;

i wish to get the last value of a continuous range

e.g.

column A column B

1 = last value of continuous range i.e 3

(Blank Cell)

2 = last value of continuous range i.e 4

(Blank Cell)

5 = last value of continuous range i.e 66

(Blank Cell)

Hi Pradish ,

I have not really understood your requirement ; what is the data in column A ? Can you paste about 10 rows of data from column A ? What is the requirement in column B ? What separates the continuous ranges , are there blank cells between the 1,2,3 and the 2,3,4 and between the 2,3,4 and the 5,6,55,66 ?

Narayan

Returns the last value from the first continuous range:

=INDEX(A:A,MIN(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$100),ROW($A$1:$A$100)))-1)

This is an array formula that needs to be confirmed using Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Column A consist of non continuous(Numeric/Non numeric) data. i want the continuous data in column A to be treated as different ranges. as in Column A "1,;2;3" are continuous range and i wish to return last value i.e. 3 in column B.

Likewise in column A '1;;2;3' and '2;3;4' is seperated by a blank cell hence '2;3;4' is to be treated as a seperate range and i need to return the last value this range i.e. 4 in the adjacent column. Hope the problem is clear to yous sir.

@ luke,

The formula is not working. since it is taking the whole column A as the array it is only returning the first value of the range.

Or, a non-array formula:

=INDEX(A:A,MAX(MATCH(9E99,A:A),MATCH("ZZZZ",A:A)))

Not working.. it is giving me the same last column value for every range.

iam uploading the excel sheet. plz help me with it..

Are you wanting this?

[pre]
Code:
A       B
3	3

6	6
or just this?

A       B

6	6
[/pre]

@Montrey

See OP's post above

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/returning-last-value-of-the-continuous-range#post-24583

And now I see later that issue has been solved. o_O

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/returning-last-value-of-the-continuous-range#post-24584

Back