• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Return Vlookup as a hyperlink

Sharon Slatter

Hi All,

I have the below formula but I want it to return it as a hyperlink as it looks up email addresses, can any one show me how to adapt.

=IF($A3="","",IF(INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),K$1)="","",INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),K$1)))

Thanks
Shazz x

1. On the Excel Ribbon, click the File tab, then click Options.
  2. Click the Proofing category, and click the AutoCorrect Options button.
  3. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, remove the check mark from Internet and network paths with hyperlinks.
  4. Click OK, twice, to close the dialog boxes.
now use this formula...

I have done this but it is still not working.

I have attached an example worksheet, maybe you can take a look at it. My actual workbook has data all the way down to 100, none of the email addresses are working.

Attachments

• Example.xlsm
    359.5 KB · Views: 8
try this..
1. remove this formula.
2. clear cell format.
3. cover your formula in T function.
like below.

=T(HYPERLINK(IF($A3="","",IF(INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),K$1)="","",HYPERLINK("mailto:" & INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),K$1),INDEX(DB_List,VLOOKUP($A3,DB_RowIndices,2,FALSE),K$1))))))

Thanks but this is all beyond me, I adapted another workbook, so I have no idea what the formula do, or how to get rid of errors.

Thanks

Back