• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Return sheet name from search

Strugglestreet

Hello all,

I can't seem to get this to work. I have multiple worksheets in a workbook and i need a formula that I can use to search the rest of the workbook and return the sheet name in the cell. For example i have a lot of seperate sectors within the stock market that are found on multiple indexes. I need a cell in the sector worksheets to search the worksheets that contain the indexes. If the stock code is found then I need to add that index (sheet name) to the stock code. I found a previous post with this formula

=INDEX(Sheet_List,MATCH(1,--(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Sheet_List&"'!$B$1:$B$400"),Employee_Name)>0),0))

However i am a novice at excel and it keeps returning #name?.

Is someone able to help me solve this please?

Thanks

Hi, the formula posted contains a virtual reference from the name manager "Employee_Name", hence the error probably. Your file does not know that name.
To be able to help you, please upload a sample file, containing the file structure as explained and with enough data to test the formula. Dummy data is okay.

Back