• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Retrieve varying info based on page filter

Nealo

Hello, I need some guidance on my first dashboard project. I have an excellent dataset of vehicle inventory, and I would like to build a dashboard. A key component of the dashboard would be to have a drop down box of stores (Nissan, Hyundai, etc) and then have a report below that lists the vehicle models with quantities and dollars of inventory. The GetPivotData functions seem to assume that the information is static. How do I adapt when Nissan has more models than Hyundai? My goal is to be able to select Nissan and have the models automatically list below in a small table with Model, TotalCount and TotalDollars. Then if I select Hyundai, their models, count and dollars appear. Any and all help is appreciated. This is my first post so please be gentle. :)

@Nealo... I have made an example based on what you explained...

See it here: http://chandoo.org/img/playground/pivot-report-car-inventory-model-make.xlsx

The only tricky part would be to understand how I extracted the models of cars for a make (nissan, hyundai etc.)... I use OFFSET formula to dynamically get the list of models from the pivot report.

For more info on OFFSET read this: http://chandoo.org/wp/2008/11/19/vlookup-match-and-offset-explained-in-plain-english-spreadcheats/

Many thanks for the response. It is very helpful, and solves my issue. I am digging your website and all of the useful info. A great resource for becoming a better Excel user. Great Job, and Thank You. -Nealo

Many thanks for the response. It is very helpful, and solves my issue. I am digging your website and all of the useful info. A great resource for becoming a better Excel user. Great Job, and Thank You. -Nealo

Back