• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Resource allocation spreadheet

xljgd

Hi All,

I am working with a spread sheet that needs a bit of automation and insight.

I have team members who have forecasted their hours to work on a particular project thru the calendar year. The columns are spread out as weekends.

this excel sheet is live and can be updated by the members during the course of the month. The logic is lets say today is 2nd October the weekend of 6 October should not be editable in other words as the week progresses the tab for that week must hide. is this possible. can anyone help me with a little bit of concept here.

thanks again

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgD23ALrIXLYdFZ1WEdtSFAwWjdvd2xtTk1iVUYyYnc&pli=1#gid=0

Hi xljgd,

Is it acceptable that we create a master sheet where all the forecast-d data is present and we just enter today's date or scroll through dates and some other sheet shows data onward from that date, in your mentioned case from 2nd Oct??

Faseeh

Hi xljgd,

1.You can select the required Columns (dates) and right click and hide them.

2.And if you want to protect them from others select the required columns and press Control+1, select protection tab and select both check boxes (Locked & Hidden). Under REWVIEW menu select protect sheet and enter the password.

Thanks,

Suresh Kumar S

Thanks for both your replies i could go into the password protected option but i would be interested in trying out Faseeh solution. I dont understand it totally. I am not restricted to use a single sheet. if i have a forecasted dates master sheet how can i still only show dates in the future omitting the past dates.

thanks for your time with this.

Back