• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Required help to change Date format

KSayali

Hello Sir,

Request you to please help me to know how to change date format, as I use regular date format method then I used method Text to column but its not working also I used concatenate method but it takes to much time. It will be great if you look into this. I am attaching file, kindly help me to know how to change date format easily. Thank you Sir, if you offer any help

Attachments

• dailyIntensities_merged.csv
    68.9 KB · Views: 3
In the attached is a workbook with your data with the 2nd column all proper Excel dates. The dates in your csv file are MDY.
The table is a query which looks at the csv file and imports it; it does not affect/change the csv file at all.
The query includes the location of the csv file. On my system it's in a certain place, which is highly unlilkely not to be the same place as on your system.
So, to put that right:
Right-click somewhere in the table and choose Table|Edit Query…
then click on the first step Source:

Then click on Edit Settings:

Then click on Browse…, pick your file then OK:

Then Close & Load

It all depends on what you're going to do with it afterwards.
We could streamline the file-picking process.
If the name and location of the csv file remain the same but the contents are updated from time to time, all you need to do is to right-click the table and choose Refresh (like a pivot table) and the data will update.

Attachments

• Chandoo51996.xlsx
    72.6 KB · Views: 3
Back