• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Report From a Database

aarthimaa

Dear All,

I thank you for your help to my last question and to my this new one.

I am having a database which have 60 columns. I am preparing a new display sheet which display all these 60 contents by searching with unique value either this or that (Example - Outward Document No or Product or Invoice No).

I don't know VB, so how can i prepare this sheet. I need your suggestions in this.

Regards,

Aarthi

Hi aarthima,

The Unique value that you mentioned viz Outward Doc No. or Product Or Invoice NO. are they mentioned in the left most (The first) column or they are present across the sheet in every column under some headers?? How does your output report look like, can you upload a dummy sample?

Faseeh

Hi Faseeh,

Kindly find this link https://rapidshare.com/files/4156496437/Model_Sheet.xlsx

This worksheet is not completed. But this is the model

Aarthi

Hi aarthimaa,

Got the file but still the database is absent!! This is the final sheet that where you will be displaying your results..

Few Questions.

1. Are Row Headers from B17:B55 are present as column Headers in your database sheet??

2. Why you have spread the report from column C to J? Should it not be only column C where the data found in search could be displayed?

If you are worried about some confidential data then you may use rand() and randbetween() to randomize the data. It will be lot easier if you provide with your sample of database (i.e. data that you want to manipulate). or just drop an email at faseeh10@hotmail.com.

Faseeh

Hi,

your report is almost done just want to get it checked from u first before finalizing... Will upload the file as soon as i reach home...

Regards,

Faseeh

Hi,

I really post it just to get an idea from you all.

But you completed it. Really Thanks for your help

Regards,

Aarthi

Hi Faseeh,

I am waiting for your reply. Please post it soon. I can see it tomorrow only. So, I will see the post tomorrow. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions from your side, please post it. Because that report generation is more important at present.

With Thanks and Regards,

Aarthi

Hi aarthimaa,

Here is the file reworked that you uploaded:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60644346/Model_Sheet.xlsx

Since there were only two table (for purchase & sales) only two form controls (check boxes) have been working, rest are configures, but not incorporated in formulas.

Hi Dan_l,

Aarthimaa provided with a layout of the final report, i assumed how database would have been. :) It appeared to me that it would have been a simple sheet with header row contain column titles and wanted to take it the form of a report on anther sheet.

Regards,

Faseeh

The

Ah. I thought he meant he was literally pulling data off of a database. That sometimes opens up some options.

Back