• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Replicate rows based on a list

bdavis30

Hello,

I have strata-level data (timber inventory) that I need to assign to multiple stands with unique IDs. I've done this in the past by just copy/pasting data and filling in the ID for each, but I've got a data set now that is too big to do it that way. In the attached spreadsheet, the "StrataExport" tab has the data (530 rows) that need to be assigned to EACH Stand ID (29 total) in the "StandID" tab. The merge/join of the 2 should results in 15,370 rows of data.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Strata_Example.xlsx
    59.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi ,

Once this merge/join is over , what is the next action that you take on this merged data ?

Narayan

Narayan,

Typically, I end up using a Pivot Table to roll the data into a single line summary for each StandID to see total tons, trees/acre, etc. But on occasion the data will be presented by species, product, and diameter. It really just depends on what resolution is required by the client.

Thanks,
Brock

Hi ,

Would it be more convenient to have separate tabs for each stand ID ?

Then it is just a case of copying the template worksheet as many times as there are unique stand IDs.

Each tab is named after its stand ID , and thereafter the Stand ID column can be filled in with this ID.

Narayan

Hi ,

Would it be more convenient to have separate tabs for each stand ID ?

Then it is just a case of copying the template worksheet as many times as there are unique stand IDs.

Each tab is named after its stand ID , and thereafter the Stand ID column can be filled in with this ID.

Narayan

I don't believe that it would. Then I would lose the ability to summarize all the data for all Stand IDs at once. Unless if there is a way to then bring it all back together from the individual tabs?

Back