• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Referencing a Cells Formula not Value

Collock

Because I am unfortunately using Excel as a database, I have been running into some cases where I need to reference a cells Formula. If I can only due this in VBA I would need to create a user defined formula. Show formula will not work because I need to adjust the formula thru offset and other functions. Or I have a Array which depending on the reference I need the formula (with Cell reference) for a given reference to populate a cell either relatively or absolutely.

So if Cell A11 in Tab "First", has the formula 'Second'!AC11*'Second'!AD11, how would I get say B11 to return'Second'!AC11*'Second'!AD11.

Collock

In cell B11 you can either put

=Second!AC11*Second!AD11

or

=A11

What I was getting at was I was trying to take say use =offset( functionXXX(B11),1,1) but the formula in B11 would now refer to Second!AD11. However instead of referring to Second!AC11, I wanted to refer to A11 and pull part of the formula from A11, not A11's value. The find function allows you to due this but I due not know if there is an excel function that allows you to due this.

Collock

Can you describe what you are trying to do with your data?

Back