• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Protect sheet and Share workbook

vasim

I have a userform for data entry, the sheet is protected. Macro in userform unprotect sheet and add the entries in userform to worksheet and protect it again. Now this is supposed to be a shared sheet were different users will enter data in different sheet from respective userforms. Now the challange if I share the workbook, while running the code it gives an error as shared property doesnt allow to unprotect/protect sheet (similar kind off)........how do I tackle this any idea????

In simple, how to unprotect (through vba) a shared workbook so that my macros can run?????

Or is there any other way were (apart from protecting the sheet) the data is only visible to user and he/she cant amend it????

I might be reading it wrong, but can't you spread it over different files? Files for input, whose output is saved per entry in à txt file or something in à central location, and à "master" file that reads those files (and deletes the imported ones)?

Thanks friends.....I am now preparing different sheet for each user, and a master sheet.....don't have amy other option.....BAD LUCK :(

Back