• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Private Sub DTPicker1_CallbackKeyDown

I am trying to find a quick way to insert a date into a cell with a button (from a calendar of course).

I am simply in need of a pop up calendar I can pick a date from, and then have it insert that date in whatever cell I have selected.

I've been playing around with the date picker on the user form control panel, but I'm not sure how to write the code.

A pop up calendar would be best for this of course; but I need this for my pc at work and it's restricted (and I'm unable to install a file needed for the pop up calendar).

If I'm not mistaken the date picker is already installed on this particular machine, so if I could just figure out the code to insert the date using the date picker control instead I'll be okay.

Hi,

Have you included the Microsoft Calendar Control 2007 in your references in the VBE.

cheers

kanti

I am new to this, so I have to say I haven't. However, I am aware that I am supposed to include or (install or activate) some sort of reference for this... but browsing the threads to do this all seem to require installing something on the computer (system32) folder (or something to that effect).

The problem is I'm on my pc at work which is restricted (I can't actually install anything or access the system 32 folder).

Does this reference I'm supposed to include have anything to do with actually installing anything?

Hi

When you are in Forms, righ-click on the Toolbox and select Additional Controls. Select the Microsoft Date Picker from the list

cheers

kanti

Yes (and thank you), I've done that, but it's needing additional code. It look like this

Code:
Private Sub DTPicker1_CallbackKeyDow

'I'm just not sure how to code it here

End Sub

Indi

Have a look at the post here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/excel/archive/2007/08/01/sam-radakovitz-on-date-pickers.aspx

Back