• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Query Need Some Filtering Help

I am kind of stuck and need an outside opinion. I have some data where the client has a specific term date, which is easy to filter. However, there is also a column where the client is either active or terminated.

The issue is that in some cases the client is active but has a end date and in other cases the client is terminated but the end date is open (12/31/2100). making filtering harder.

I want to keep any clients that have either a specific term date or the status of Term regardless of their end date.

I have downloaded and example.

Attachments

• Example Data.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
In PQ editor. Click on the date column's filter menu then go to "Date/Time Filters" -> "Custom..."

Then click on "Advanced" radial menu. There you can set date filter and set additional filter on different column(s).

Thanks Chihiro.

I believe I have figured it out. I took and loaded the table twice. On one I filtered on the end date. On the other I used Term. I then used Append and it seems to have worked. After that I made the two tables Connection Only and only the Appended data is showing.

Back