• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot Problems

bpjohn76

I've got 5 tabs in Excel that are of various sizes (226K rows, 220K rows, 9K rows, 2K rows, 300 rows) and am trying to use the Power Pivot tables. When I drag a column from a table in the calculation part of the pivot table it always stalls out and never calculates. I'm not sure if I've created my relationships correctly. I have one main table where all the other tables are linked to with a unique identifier. I also have a calendar table where I have linked all the dates from the other tables. I wasn't sure if my tables are too large or not. I'm have Excel 2010 in a 32 bit version working in Windows XP.

Hi, bpjohn76!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about your question...

Would you please tell us that Win XP computer processor and memory configurations, as well as free disk space? Just for knowing the environment.

BTW, if you consider uploading a sample file (including manual examples of desired output), it'd be very useful for those who read this and might be able to help you. Thank you. Give a look at the green sticky posts at this forums main page for uploading guidelines.

Regards!

@Bphohn76.... Did you create any measures first? If not, try creating simple SUM or COUNT measures. When you drag and drop fields directly into values area, PowerPivot may struggle as you have such large amount of data.

Back