• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Plotting candlestick charts and volume bars for stocks?

I have sample data in the attached file. I have a screenshot showing what a candlestick chart looks like.

1. Is there a way to plot candlestick charts based on the open, high, low and close?

2. Also, I would like to plot volume bars on the same chart. Is this possible?

Attachments

• Chandoo.org - Candlestick and Volume Chart.xlsx
    49.3 KB · Views: 1

DashboardNovice

Please focus:
How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
  • Please post, new posts in the correct forums

Nice. I thought I might have seen an option for that somewhere but now I see it. Thank you very much.

In my screenshot of the stock and volume bars, the stock price is on an upper graph and the volume bars are on a lower graph.

Is there any way to do this in Excel, meaning having one chart with a main section and a lower section?

you just need to have your data in the format of open, high, low, and close. then you select that data and choose the candlestick chart from Excel’s chart options. it might take a bit of formatting, but it should work!
as for the volume bars, that’s also possible. first, you create the candlestick chart, and then add a bar chart to the same sheet. you do this by adding a new data series to the candlestick chart and changing the chart type of that series to a bar chart. this way, both charts will be visible on one sheet.

Back